× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk RAXE500. 6Ghz disappeared and wont show up again. HELP!

ChaosTechNet
Tutor

Nighthawk RAXE500. 6Ghz disappeared and wont show up again. HELP!

I just got my NightHawk RAXE500 WiFi 6E Router a few hours ago. I was able to use my Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra to connect to the 6Ghz band for about an hour. Then the router rebooted itself for no reason and I have not been able to connect to or even make the 6Ghz SSID show up anymore. I have tried resetting the roughter. Unplugging it, everything. Renamed the SSID and changed channels. I have messed with all the settings and factory reset and nothing works. It wont show back up. How do I fix this? I have seen other people have the same problem but no fixes. I am in the USA.

Message 1 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello ChaosTechNet, 

Welcome to the community! I'd like to look into this further for you. May you send me a private message with your email address and router serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 7
ChaosTechNet
Tutor

So I ended up sending the router back to Amazon for a refund. The whole thing stopped working. Even the 5Ghz just kept dripping signal. I'm a Computer Technician so I'm highly skilled at this stuff. I tried everything. Then after doing research about this particular new WiFi 6E router, I found that tons of people are having the same issue with this model. That's why I didn't try another replacement of the same one. My Netgear Nighthawk RAX120 model works just fine with no problems. Except I can't get that new 6Ghz wifi 6e now. So I'll still to my current router until Netgear figures out what went wrong with their new WiFi 6E routers since so many people have the same problems.
Message 3 of 7
webshare2019
Aspirant

I have the same problem and waiting for the technical support to response. At the moment, I have install my old router back. Actually, this is my first time to have Netgear router and the experience is really bad.

Message 4 of 7
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello webshare2019, 

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community! Has our support team been able to follow up with you regarding your issue?

Regards,

Christian 

Message 5 of 7
ChaosTechNet
Tutor

Yes, but I sent it back for a refund.
Message 6 of 7
webshare2019
Aspirant

Same to me. Apart from the speed, my old WiFi 5 router working excellent.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7