× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk Tri-Band AX8 RAX70 lost wifi signal to Apple devices only

Nighthawk Tri-Band AX8 RAX70 lost wifi signal to Apple devices only

Just set this up yesterday, everything was working just fine. I woke up this morning and I could not receiver a wifi signal via any Apple device nor has HomeKit working. I have one Mac wired to the router and it was working and I was able to have access to my Ring cameras which should have also not been working if the wifi was down. As far as I can tell it went down around 0430 pst, a reboot of the router got everything working again. I checked everything I could think of and I dont see in think that would have caused this. Has anyone else had this issue or know of anything else I could check. This never happened with my older Netgear router.

Message 1 of 6

@frenchcamp49er wrote:

I woke up this morning and I could not receiver a wifi signal via any Apple device nor has HomeKit working.

Was it just Apple wifi connections that failed?

NETGEAR Mobile Applications and Apple Devices FAQ - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 6

I believe so. I do have some other plugs but I didnt check those. My ring cameras all worked as well as my MacPro that’s wired to the router.
Message 3 of 6

That does hints that it is best to look first at the wifi clients.

Hence the link that I provided.

Message 4 of 6

Isn’t that post about issues with the app?
Message 5 of 6

@frenchcamp49er wrote:
Isn’t that post about issues with the app?

It is also about the way in which iOS mobile devices use a random Mac address to add security.

When trying to troubleshoot things like reluctant wifi clients you may have to check various possibilities.

That one may or may not offer clues.

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7