× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6 Router config with new Fiber added

Mrteeth2005
Follower

Nighthawk X6 Router config with new Fiber added

I just upgraded to 500mbps fiber today. Connected directly to my computer from the IPS's modem, I'm getting around 500meg, as it should. However, everything running on my Netgear Nighthawk X6 is still at 150-180mbps, which is what I was getting before the switch. What can I do to throttle it up so it can get around 400mbps? I know I won't be able to get all 500mg through wifi. 

Thanks

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 Router config with new Fiber added

Try doing a factory reset and reinstall. 

Make sure during the install to leave qos, access control, parental controls, and traffic monitoring all disabled. 

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk X6 Router config with new Fiber added

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

@Mrteeth2005 wrote:

I just upgraded to 500mbps fiber today. Connected directly to my computer from the IPS's modem, I'm getting around 500meg, as it should. However, everything running on my Netgear Nighthawk X6 is still at 150-180mbps, which is what I was getting before the switch. What can I do to throttle it up so it can get around 400mbps? I know I won't be able to get all 500mg through wifi. 

Thanks

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7