× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk X6S Tri-band or Nighthawk AX12

cdoan
Tutor

Nighthawk X6S Tri-band or Nighthawk AX12

Hello guys!

My current service is Cox Gigablast Internet w/ a Netgear CM1000.

I ran a Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band Wireless Router a couple days ago and now I have the Nighthawk Ax12.

Having connection issues with the AX12 (dropping and resetting to factory everytime I push the reset/restart button; wierd) Really fustrated the AX12.

The Nighthawk X6S Tri-Band ran flawless and fast w/out issues. I want to go back, but the AX12 has a lot of the bells and whistles advertised.

Should I keep the AX12 and hope the issues gets fixed w/ a new firmware or go back to the X6S Tri-band.

We currently havce 18 devices connected to the router. 80% of it is connected to the SMART CONNECT (5ghz channel).

Appreciate any input! Thanks! Would love any advice on tweaking the setup to maximize my speed. 

Message 1 of 2
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk X6S Tri-band or Nighthawk AX12

Is this the RAX120 or RAX200.

this will apply to both but I would also recommend you check the support pages too for hot fixes which need to be installed manually.

once you are sure it's up to date then perform a reset using the rear pin hole method. Setup as new with out using a saved config and see how it goes.

Message 2 of 2
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7