× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk and smart pseaker issues

AdieMonk
Follower

Nighthawk and smart pseaker issues

Hi

I've recently installed a Nighthawk MK63 Wireless Mesh Wifi6 system, which has seen a massive improvement in performance over my old system.  I have a total of 35 devices connected across the whole home, a combination of phones, tablets, laptops, Echo's, Firesticks, TV's, Sky boxes, and smart devices (speakers, plugs, bulbs etc).

I'm struggling with connectivity to some of my spart speakers.  I have a couple of HpmePod Mini devices which appear in iOS as Airplay speakers and occassionally connect and work OK, and a couple of Bose SoundTouch 10 speakers which sometimes are avaialble and sometimes are not, and rarely actually work with Airplay.  All of these devices worked fine before the Nighthawk system was installed (previously just connected to a single Draytek vdsl router with wireless).

In the netgear guidance it says smart speakers should be on channel 1, and other devices on channel 11, but I can;t see where to set things such as this.  Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk and smart pseaker issues

What modem/gateway do you have? 

What firmware is on the MK62/3 system? 

Message 2 of 3
BPearce
Guide

Re: Nighthawk and smart pseaker issues

I am experiencing a similar issue with a new purchase of a MR60 with two satellites that are hardwired to switch. Airplay is not functioning well if at all with HomePod or HomePod mini, other Airplay devices seem to appear then disappear in list. Otherwise the system seems to be performing fairly well, great speeds but I'm not willing to sacrifice sketchy AirPlay performance

I have the latest firmware as of February 5, 2021(v1.0.6.110). Shaw ISP uses Arris XB6 I believe as the modem (I have it in bridge mode)

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7