× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk app not working

TheKnightDR
Follower

Nighthawk app not working

Hi all,

Currently I can't connect with my nighthawk app to my R8000 router.

My network setup is as follows:

ISP modem -> R8000 (Wifi radio's off) -> switch -> RBK853 (as access point).

The satellites of the RBK are connected to the RBK directly via UTP cable.

The app connects wirelessly to either the RBK itself or one of the satellites. When starting the nighthawk app, I get the message the router is not supported. The Orbi app can connect properly to the RBK.

Connecting the satellites to the switch instead of to the RBK makes the nighthawk app work if connected to one of the satellites, not when connected to the RBK. But another problem arises when connecting the satellites to the switch, it makes the router stop responding. So no IP addresses are distributed anymore, no more access to the Internet...

Can someone advise please on how to get a stable network using these components?

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Nighthawk app not working

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

Orbi maybe interferring with communication thru the Orbi in AP mode. 

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 3
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: Nighthawk app not working

You would need the phone to be connected to the R8000 wireless and then try to use the nighthawk app.

DarrenM

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7