× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk ax3000

MoseJanitor
Follower

Nighthawk ax3000

Hello, I updated my firmware to the most recent today (V1.0.3.80_1.0.1) and immediately following this update my routers 2.4 & 5ghz bands no longer showed up on any of my devices. I tried the basic turn off/on and factory reset it several times but nothing has solved the issue. All of the routers lights are on and remain on always. Any help is appreciated.
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Re: Nighthawk ax3000

the wifi 2.4ghz/5ghz lights are on? 

Just checking to see if the wifi on/off button got hit. You can push and hold it for 2 seconds to turn it on/off.

You've tried a full factory reset? Pushing and holding reset for 7-15 seconds? 

If so, I'd actually try reinstalling that same firmware over an ethernet conenction, reset the router, and then try setup again.

If it doesn't work, you could try downgrading to the older version. maybe the one you're on introducted a bug/issue. 

Make sure to update/downgrade firmware over a hardwired connection for best results. 

Message 2 of 4
detram
Aspirant

I updated my firmware to the most recent yesterday (V1.0.3.80_1.0.1) and my wifi already dropped completely twice in two days. It comes back up after 30 seconds but I can't work like this.

Is there any known issue on the update?

Message 3 of 4
detram
Aspirant

I found many posts complaining about this particular firmaware version.

I downgrade to the previous. Hopefully this helps my issues.

I'll wait few days before confirming.

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7