× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Nighthawk ax4 Chage prior WiFI SSID

ctclone3211
Tutor

Nighthawk ax4 Chage prior WiFI SSID

Can't get to my WiFi on the new router because the prior router SSID has not been transferred to the new one.  How to get online with the Nighthawk so I can update the new on with the correct SSID and passwords?

Or if I can't get online then how to I make the changes?

Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions

What modem sits in front of your router.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies

@ctclone3211 wrote:

Can't get to my WiFi on the new router because the prior router SSID has not been transferred to the new one. 

Not sure what that means, but you can change the SSID to your new router to anything you like. You can also use the default (factory) SSID and password on the label on the thing.

It might help if you said what the model number is for your new "AX4" device.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in the model number and find all the documentation for your hardware.

Read the stiff on how to change the basic wifi settings.

Message 2 of 5
ctclone3211
Tutor

Sorry mis-stated the issue.  Can not get through the setup with the phone app.  Can not get to the web address for the router.  It is 192.168.1.1 but will not register on my desktop.  My laptop attached to the router was able to get there but loss internet connection.  Currently lost as to how to get there.  Have tried Netgear but 1st level did not get the job done.  The router does show on my list of devices attached.

Message 3 of 5

What modem sits in front of your router.

Message 4 of 5
ctclone3211
Tutor

After spending many hours with Netgear, it was determined that I had a defective router and needed to return it from where it was purchased.  Thanks for your responses but this case is closed

Message 5 of 5
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7