× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk doesn't set up

deltavee
Aspirant

Nighthawk doesn't set up

My new RAX50 router won't set up. Using my iPhone Nighthawk app, I followed the directions but the steps won't progress past "router not found" even though my iPhone shows that it's connected to the correct Netgear router wi-fi. Rebooted the modem and router with the same results. Unable to contact anyone at Netgear to discuss the problem. Is it just this particular router that's a POS, or is it inherent with this model?

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Nighthawk doesn't set up

Hello deltavee,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

http://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
brucecy92
Aspirant

Thanks for sharing

Model: A6150|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi USB Mini Adapter
Message 3 of 4
deltavee
Aspirant

I tried contacting Netgear on that link numerous times, but the site wouldn't allow me in. When I returned the router to Bestbuy for a refund and explained the problem, Bestbuy personnel told me they have numerous customer complaints about Nighthawk and poor to non-existent Netgear customer service.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7