× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk - -stopped working after 3 months

RandallO
Initiate

Nighthawk - -stopped working after 3 months

Do I have to maintain a security subscription with Armor in order for the router to continue working? It seemed to stop working right at 90 days. My network that I set-up disappeared from my devices....and my customer support ended at 90 days as well so I cannot call someone to help with this issue.

Any advice would be helpful

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Re: Nighthawk - -stopped working after 3 months

What's the router model?

when you say does not work are younsaying the router is dead and what lights are showing up on the router?

Message 2 of 4
RandallO
Initiate

The router is product # RAX45...the nighthawk  AX6  6-Stream AX4300 wifi router. 

Re: 'not working'....when I first set it up there was a wifi network that my children and I used which had a strong signal in our bedrooms.  That network no longer shows as available.  I have reset the box etc. and been unable to even see that netowrk as an option.

I am wondering if I need the security subscription to even set up a wifi netowrk with this router...if that was the case I probably would never have bought the router.

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter.

Happy New Year

Randy

Message 3 of 4
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Thanks for the info, no security package is needed which is the first good news.

When you first setup I would imagine the firmware updated. It's best to perform a factory reset using the rear pin hole method then set up again and test.

make a note of all credentials.

Hold reset in for about 20 seconds.

let the router fully boot up, do not turn off the power at any point.

run through the setup and test.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7