Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Nighthawk x6 R8000 2.4 GHz Dropping Wifi

Retired_Member
Not applicable

Nighthawk x6 R8000 2.4 GHz Dropping Wifi

Oh god, someone help me, I'm going insane. 

I had a R7000 that worked fine, but I purchased a R8000 x6 - two days ago. My problem is my Wifi keeps dropping, so far its the 2.4GHz but i haven't been able to fix 2.4GHz to even see if 5.0GHz is having a problem. I cannot connect my Wemo Homekits (wireless plugins) to the 2.4GHz because it doesn't find the connection even though i'm directly in front of it. Wirelessly, the singal is stable but then suddenly stops for a few mintues and then turns back on. I'll check my singal on one of my Wemo i finally got connected and it claims disconnected eventhough the Devices list shows its connected, its all just confuseing.  My internet sometimes buffers eventhough we have 1000Mbps but with my R7000 it never buffered, not once had an issue til now. I'm getting a headace, I don't know what to do. I feel as if the internet is mildy-intermittent slow internet via wired. 

I've done as much as I know what to do so i'll just list what I've done, if anyone can give a suggestion, tip or even a work-around I'll be very happy.

• Speed Test Wired and Wifi runs fine
  • Disabled Smart Connect & Guest Network
  • Ensured I had the right Channels by checking Singal Stengths & Speeds.
  • Selected the best Channels near me, 3, 44, 161.
  • Disabled Port Scan & DoS Protection
  • Double checked me MTU Size 
  • NAT Filtering: Open
  • WMM: On
  • Disabled ReadySHARE Storage
  • Access Control: Off
  • Updated to V1.0.4.46_10.1.63
  • Downgraded to V1.0.4.28_10.1.54 (No Luck)
  • USB Settings: No
  • Power Sync Router, Computer All Mobile Devices, even Wemo Devices (they wont connect).
  • Factory Reset about 4 times already.
  • Called ISP, No problems reported on their end - no configerations needed, 1000Mbps, fiber. This router R8000 is recommened as well from the ISP.
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Nighthawk x6 R8000 2.4 GHz Dropping Wifi

After tril and error for about two days of constant work, I downgraded to a older firmware thats pretty old, and now everything works perfectly and as its suppose to!

The answer was to downgrade to: Firmware Version V1.0.4.18_10.1.49

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I know I did Emphasize Wemo but I forgot to mention other drives. My husband can get his iPhone conveyed to 2.5GHz but I can’t get my iPhone to do it because it says incorrect password even though I know it’s correct! The wired TV buffers sometimes, especially if we use Hulu on two devices.
Message 2 of 5

Hard to pin down the issue in that long story. What firmware version do you have on the device?

A number is more useful than "the latest". (It may not be by the time people read this.) There can also be newer versions, or "hot fixes", that do not show up if you check for new firmware in the browser interface.

It might also help if you told people what the modem is in front of this router. The model number could be useful. Is it, by any chance, also a router, with a set of LAN ports on the back?

When you replaced the R7000, did you set up the R8000 with the same SSIDs as the R7000?

That can be a good move.

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

The router is on V1.0.4.18_10.1.49, currently.

I do not have a modem as its a fiber connection, my ISP also informed me its not needed for our internet connection.

The SSIDs are diffrent, completely. 

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

After tril and error for about two days of constant work, I downgraded to a older firmware thats pretty old, and now everything works perfectly and as its suppose to!

The answer was to downgrade to: Firmware Version V1.0.4.18_10.1.49

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7