× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No-IP now requires monthly confirmation.

Bob423
Aspirant

No-IP now requires monthly confirmation.

I received this note from No-IP customer support: Does anyone know if this is true?

Shauna (No-IP)

Feb 11, 2021, 12:55 PM PST

Hello,

Thank you for contacting No-IP support. My name is Shauna, and I will be happy to assist you.

Our apologies for any inconvenience that the policy changes to Netgear hostnames has created for you. We have always offered a free service and are committed to continue doing so. In order to continue offering this free service, Netgear and No-IP have agreed to use the same hostname confirmation process that is standard with the No-IP Free Dynamic DNS service.

Your hostname will remain active and there will be no disruption to your service as long as the hostname is confirmed every 30 days. The confirmation process is easy. No-IP will send you an email 7 days before your hostname is set to expire. You will just need to open the email and click the link to confirm the hostname for another 30 day period. This can be done at any time in the 7 day period between receiving the email and the expiration date of your hostname.

If you miss the confirmation window and the hostname expires, we suspend the hostname. This means that it will no longer resolve. If you would like the hostname back you can wait until the suspension period is over and recreate the hostname or contact our support team for assistance.

As a reminder, if you upgrade to Enhanced Dynamic DNS, hostnames are always active and there is no need to confirm them every 30 days. Use coupon code NETGEAR20 at checkout and you will receive 20% off your Enhanced Dynamic DNS upgrade.

Take a look and let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Shauna
No-IP Support

Message 1 of 3
pranavshah01
Aspirant

I received the same response. Is there any alternative or we now have to purchase the noip plan?
Message 2 of 3
txn
Initiate
Initiate

I received identical reply word for word except the name when I emailed no-ip for the same issue. Looks like this will be the case moving forward. Wonder if anyone has found other alternatives.

Christian (No-IP)

Mar 29, 2021, 5:29 PM PDT

Hello,

Thank you for contacting No-IP support. My name is Christian, and I will be happy to assist you.

Our apologies for any inconvenience that the policy changes to Netgear hostnames has created for you. We have always offered a free service and are committed to continue doing so. In order to continue offering this free service, Netgear and No-IP have agreed to use the same hostname confirmation process that is standard with the No-IP Free Dynamic DNS service.

Your hostname will remain active and there will be no disruption to your service as long as the hostname is confirmed every 30 days. The confirmation process is easy. No-IP will send you an email 7 days before your hostname is set to expire. You will just need to open the email and click the link to confirm the hostname for another 30 day period. This can be done at any time in the 7 day period between receiving the email and the expiration date of your hostname.

If you miss the confirmation window and the hostname expires, we suspend the hostname. This means that it will no longer resolve. If you would like the hostname back you can wait until the suspension period is over and recreate the hostname or contact our support team for assistance.

As a reminder, if you upgrade to Enhanced Dynamic DNS, hostnames are always active and there is no need to confirm them every 30 days. Use coupon code NETGEAR20 at checkout and you will receive 20% off your Enhanced Dynamic DNS upgrade.

Take a look and let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Regards,
Christian A
No-IP Support

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7