× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No Parental Controls on Nighthawk AX12! (Ax6000 RAX120)

cannongeorge
Aspirant

No Parental Controls on Nighthawk AX12! (Ax6000 RAX120)

I was assured at time of purchase that this router offered "parental controls"  - it doesn't!  Doesn't interface with Circle, the firmwaree has no such utilities like my old ASUS RT-N56U did.

Does anyone know does Netgear have any plans to integrate with router with Circle and/or know of any thrid-party firmware I can download? 

Otherwise, I'm asking for an RMA number and will return this.   

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
GabboCH
Apprentice

Re: No Parental Controls on Nighthawk AX12! (Ax6000 RAX120)

Its been asked in here many times for the RAX line of routers (parental controls & WPA3) without any real answer except "in the future".

There's no official news I've seen & you're unlikely to get any decent response from Netgear through this forum.

As even the basic functionality doesn't work well on the RAX routers I don't expect these advanced functions at all.

I would return it as soon as you can.
Message 2 of 3
cannongeorge
Aspirant

Re: No Parental Controls on Nighthawk AX12! (Ax6000 RAX120)

Netgear REFUSED to exchange or refund.  Best they would do is tell me to return it to the store where I bought it.... and I bought from NETGEAR!  Tried calling and the computer-generated "wait time" estimate was over 13,000 minutes!

I sent a message to NETGEAR infiorming them of my failure to reach anyone at the NETGEAR store.  

Adding insult to injury, they called my case done and CLOSED my support ticket.  

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7