× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No internet cable connected

RickSwi
Aspirant

No internet cable connected

Hi
I just bought a rax40 to update my r6120 I was thinking plug &play but no...
By pluggingmy new router I receivedthe err message that no ethernet cable was plug in. However when I put my old r6120 back everythingworks fine...

Any clue about the issue?

Ps sorry for my English à miss register and I'm on the USA community. Kiss from Switzerland 🇨🇭

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router, RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router

Model: R6120|AC1200 Dual Band WiFi Router, RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: No internet cable connected

Please review the user manual and installation guides on how to setup the new router. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/RAX40.aspx

Power OFF the ISP modem and RAX router for 1 minute then back On. 

Walk thru the setup wizard on the RAX router with a wired PC and web browser. 

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@RickSwi wrote:
Hi
I just bought a rax40 to update my r6120 I was thinking plug &play but no...
By pluggingmy new router I receivedthe err message that no ethernet cable was plug in. However when I put my old r6120 back everythingworks fine...

Any clue about the issue?

Ps sorry for my English à miss register and I'm on the USA community. Kiss from Switzerland 🇨🇭

Message 3 of 5
RickSwi
Aspirant

Hi thanks for asking,

Yes I made progress on my trouble shooting. It isn't fixed yet but I'm pretty sure that the wire present a defect. Indeed, old R6120 is using only 4 of the 8 wires in the RJ45 plug (lucky or not... those are working fine...) 

New model RAX40 is using the full rj45 8 cables.

So, my guess is one of the wire might present a trouble in the connection or a wire is broken.

Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Swap out the cabling. CAT6 LAN cable is recommended. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7