× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: No internet connection on 2.4 G network

WimD
Initiate

No internet connection on 2.4 G network

I notice a strange behaviour on my 2.4G network. 

Not all devices conected (mix of smarthphone and laptop) can connect to the internet using the 2.4G network. 

However if I switch on the same device form my 2.4G guest network, an internet connection can be made. 

I checked using different channels or the auto channel selection but this behaviour remains. 

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

You listed the R7000 as your router. Is this correct? 

What firmware are you on? If you read the forums there's been many issues with firmware on this device. the most stable firmware so far has been the .42 firmware. if you're on a newer version, I'd recommend downgrading to earlier version. Make sure to do it over a hardwired connection and to reset afterwards. this'll give you the best results. You can get the older versions under the downloads section of the support site. Its under +view previous versions

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/r7000

Your other option that you could try would be to just factory reset the device with the current firmware and see if it was an issue from upgrading. 

Message 2 of 3
WimD
Initiate

Thank you.

Changing to an older version did not help. 

I went for a hardreset of my router and also the TP link extender.

All works fine again.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7