× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

No wireless connection from RAX80 connected to CM1200

Martin63
Aspirant

No wireless connection from RAX80 connected to CM1200

So I purchased the RAX80 — Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router and the CM1200 Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem today.  I activated the modem and established internet connection.  When I hook up the RAX80 I cannot get internet access wirelessly.  I connect to the router but there is no connection to the internet.  I have swapped out the cables, rebooted the modem and router and still nothing.  Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Thanks!

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Martin63
Aspirant

Re: No wireless connection from RAX80 connected to CM1200

Thanks to all who read this, returning all of this junk!  Tech support via phone sucks!!! 4hrs on the phone trying to get someone to help, pathetic. Filled out an online request for assistance, got my ticket number, entered it during the call and still routed to someone who transfered me again and then they transferred me.  Never got any assistance at all!  Never,ever buying any of their products again!

Message 2 of 4

You didn't wait very long for help did you?

I'll let you into a secret, the whole world is at home and seeking help in the COVID era.

We are experiencing unusually high call volume - NETGEAR Communities

Too many people are rushing out to buy things they don't know how to use.

A different make may land you with the same problems. Next time, wait and see if you can get useful answers.

When you do ask for help, tell people a bit more than "I cannot get internet access wirelessly". What with? A mobile phone? Your dishwasher? 

What are you doing and what happens when you try?

Any prompts? Error messages?

Enjoy whatever you bought instead.

Message 3 of 4
Martin63
Aspirant

I am enjoying what I bought.  It works great!   Set it up and it worked like it was supposed to.  Thanks for your response!  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7