× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

On RAX120 router ReadySHARE device can be used one time from TV and then disappears

Gate_man
Follower

On RAX120 router ReadySHARE device can be used one time from TV and then disappears

I have used my RAX120 Nighthawk router with ReadySHARE enabled for about a year.  I have a usb external drive (Seagate) hooked up to it.  I had no problems accessing the drive from my Samsung TV or from my PS3 for the first year.  Within the last 2-3 months I can access one file from the drive (i.e. watch a video) and the ReadyShare drive disappears from my TV and PS3.  I can login to my router go to the ADVANCED tab, go to ReadySHARE, go to Media Server, click Apply and the drive shows back up.   But it will disappear again as soon as I watch one video file.  Since this happens on both the TV and PS3 I eliminated the thought that the issue was coming from those devices.  I have the Readyshare drive mapped to my computer as a drive letter and it always shows up.  I tried multiple (4) different usb drives that are supported by the router.  I am at a loss on why it keeps disappearing.  My router firmware is up-to-date.  Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 1
Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7