× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

OpenVPN Connection Issue

eh12
Star

OpenVPN Connection Issue

Wondering if someone can help ...

Got a Netgear Nighthawk AX12 that I've enabled the OpenVPN server on, using the OpenVPN GUI I can connect to the network and I get a reported connection at both ends. In the GUI on the client and in the Logs for the router. However I can't ping or access anything on the network or use the internet.

However it does work when I first connect to another VPN providor before I connect to the OpenVPN GUI

This makes me think its an MTU issue, as I've had previous problems connecting to the internet and had to lower my WAN MTU to 1484 on the router due to my configuration with the Netgear DM200?

Anyone have any idea's and anything I can do to my Client OpenVPN config file to make it work properly?

Much appreciated,

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: OpenVPN Connection Issue

Hi eh12, 

Just curious, have you tried setting the MTU to default to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
eh12
Star

@Christian_R wrote:

Hi eh12, 

Just curious, have you tried setting the MTU to default to see if the issue persists?

Thanks,

Christian 

No, because setting the MTU to default means that I have no internet, due to some weird configuration between teh RAX120 and the DM200 (both add the 8 byte headers even tho the DM200 is set to modem only mode).

Is there anyway for me to update the Open VPN settings on the router?

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

eh12, 

Interesting to hear. Thanks for getting back! I've sent you a message; please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7