× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Our Wi-Fi 6 Family Just Got Bigger! Introducing the Nighthawk AX12 and AX4 Wi-Fi 6 Routers!

Dustin_V
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Our Wi-Fi 6 Family Just Got Bigger! Introducing the Nighthawk AX12 and AX4 Wi-Fi 6 Routers!

AX4_AX12.jpg

The NETGEAR Wi-Fi 6 family just expanded! NETGEAR is excited to announce the Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream router and the Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream router, both using the latest wireless standard, AX WiFi (802.11ax). By using the latest generation of WiFi technology, the Nighthawk AX12 and Nighthawk AX4 will not only provide ultra-fast WiFi, but also improved network capacity. This means your network will be able to support an ever-growing number of connected devices, while providing consistent, powerful signal strength without having to worry about performance.

Additional features of the Nighthawk AX12 and AX4 include the following:

Nighthawk AX12

• 12-Stream AX WiFi with speeds up to 6Gbps
  • OFDMA – 4X increased network capacity for more devices
  • 8x8 MU-MIMO
  • Multi-Gig Ethernet Port 5G/2.5G/1G
  • Wi-Fi Certified WPA3

Nighthawk AX4

• 4-Stream AX WiFi with speeds up to 3Gbps
  • OFDMA – 4X increased network capacity for more devices
  • Powerful dual-core processor
  • Gigabit WiFi to compatible mobile devices & laptops

With the arrival of the Nighthawk AX12 and Nighthawk AX4 routers, NETGEAR is truly leading the new era of Wi-Fi 6!

Your connected smart devices deserve VIP treatment. Learn how Wi-Fi 6 makes your WiFi feel young again: https://www.netgear.com/landings/wifi6/

Read our full Wi-Fi 6 Family Press Release

Message 1 of 3
diddywoods
Initiate

Re: Our Wi-Fi 6 Family Just Got Bigger! Introducing the Nighthawk AX12 and AX4 Wi-Fi 6 Routers!

I was so excited to sign up for the NETGEAR Premier Membership and get my AX12. It has been the worst experience I have ever had with a router. I spent days trying to get it to perform anywhere near what is said. Tech support sent me a replacement after having it for 3 days. I connected the replace today (4-10-19), and my hopes were crushed, again. I have a 1gig connection to my house, and I can't even get 100mbps to my computer. It disconnected four times in as many hours. I called and canceled my membership, asked for a small token of appreciation for the days of my time wasted trying to get this thing to work by giving me back $9.99 but nope, more horrible service. I had such high hopes, and I was let down hard every step of the way.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Cewjr9842
Aspirant

Re: Our Wi-Fi 6 Family Just Got Bigger! Introducing the Nighthawk AX12 and AX4 Wi-Fi 6 Routers!

Will the AX11000 Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 that comes out in September have device bandwidth limiters so my kids don't suck up all the network bandwidth?
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7