× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Parental controls not working

Brjones505
Follower

Parental controls not working

I bought this router for the parental control and have my kids profiles set up with their devices assigned to them. I can see how much time they are using each day and i get notification when they hit their limit, but it never turns off the connection for them. I can also try pausing their time and that fails also. I have update the firmaware, rebooted the router multiple times and it will not pause or stop their service not matter what i do. We have a cable modem which has the wifi turned off and this router (model RAX45) connected to that modem and that is broadcasting the wifi signal. About to send this thing back but thought i would ask here.

Thanks

Message 1 of 9
Dubbz4life
Initiate

I'm having the same exact issues as you with the rax45, and more than likely anyone else that has this model. I bought one about a month ago and it had the same issue, so I returned it. I decided to try it one more time, hoping that I just had a defective unit and nope. It still doesn't work. I'm now on hold with tech support {20 minutes now) to see if there's actually a fix. Im sure this is a waste of my time and this thing will be going back again.
Message 2 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Dubbz4life,

Welcome to the community! Were you able to get in touch with our support team regarding your issue(s)? 

Christian 

Message 3 of 9
Madbrad70
Tutor

No, still have the same issue. My router is no longer under warranty so ill just keep using until im ready to buy a different brand.

Message 4 of 9
Madbrad70
Tutor

Did you by chance get anything figure out with tech support?

@Dubbz4life wrote:
I'm having the same exact issues as you with the rax45, and more than likely anyone else that has this model. I bought one about a month ago and it had the same issue, so I returned it. I decided to try it one more time, hoping that I just had a defective unit and nope. It still doesn't work. I'm now on hold with tech support {20 minutes now) to see if there's actually a fix. Im sure this is a waste of my time and this thing will be going back again.

Message 5 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Madbrad70, 

What is the model number of your router? 

Christian 

Message 6 of 9
Madbrad70
Tutor

The model is RAX45
Message 7 of 9
Dubbz4life
Initiate

No. I spent literally an hour on the phone. I was passed around 4 TIMES and then the last person I talked to hung up on me when I told her I was having issues with parental controls. She also had confirmed my contact number but still never called me back. My guess is that netgear knows this is an issue and that there is currently no fix. This is the last time I will buy a netgear product. The last 3 units I've purchased all have had major issues and I've never had good experience with their customer service each time. Netgear at one time produced good products. Not so anymore.
Message 8 of 9
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello Users,

Can you confirm that you are on the latest firmware version for the RAX45 listed below.

https://kb.netgear.com/000063828/RAX45-Firmware-Version-1-0-3-96

Christian 

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7