× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ping Issues spiking a lot

10tune
Aspirant

Ping Issues spiking a lot

The real router is the picture attached, I could not find the router in the model dropdown.

We've switched from an older NETGEAR router to this one, and it's been causing some problems. Mainly when playing games like ROBLOX, VALORANT, or quite literally just using the computer, I will spike to 1000-1500 ping every 1-3 minutes. I'm not connected to ethernet, but I did not have this problem previously with my old router. I've tried looking up solutions for ending the SwUSB program task that is connected to my USB 3.0 adapter but I'm sure that's not the problem. If you know anything about this please help!

Model: AC2100|Nighthawk AC2100 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: Ping Issues spiking a lot

you have the RAXE300?

What firmware is on it? 

What modem/gateway is it connected to? 

Is it all devices having issues or just the one device?

Message 2 of 5
10tune
Aspirant

Yes, I have the RAXE300. I'm not sure what you mean by Firmware, but I use spectrum. It is connected to my motem; the Arris Touchstone DG860A Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.0 compliant. It happens on all devices and not just my computer. I've always had ping spikes going from 80 ms to around 150 ms, but it's never been this bad ever since we installed the new router.

Message 3 of 5
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Message 4 of 5
CAVASM
Aspirant

May I inquire as to when you received your RAXE300, as there are a number of others who have yet to do so? There are still a number of orders on backorder. My order was placed in February 2022, but it has yet to arrive. Ship dates continue to shift, which is inconvenient, but you don't have a choice unless you want something different.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7