× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Poor Support RAX48

BigAl12
Follower

Poor Support RAX48

I was very disappointed when i called Netgear on a 6 month old Router.  The first time i called in 6 plus years of owning Netgear products.  All person asked was which support contract i wanted to purchse, but refused to confirm my issue could be resloved.  Finally said i would bet a call back in three hours; now 3 days later still no call back.

Luckily I resolved the issue on my own WITHOUT HELP FROM Netgear support.

Very disappointed.

The issue was my wired connections worked great, but my WiFi went out about every 4 hours and I had to reboot to get it up and running.  I tried latest firmware and the Hotfix for RAX48 available.  Finally I did a hard reset, and reentered all my setup data; it worked.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Poor Support RAX48

Sadly netgear only offers free support for the first 90 days of purchases. Its on the box. 

There is a 1 year warranty on new devices (longer in some regions) but thats only if the hardware fails. 

Hard part is determinining if it truly is a hardware failure or a software/firmware issue. If its software/firmware, warranty doesn't cover it. 

Its why people have to pay at the start for the free support. In my experience, if it does turn out to be hardware related, they refund the service contract (if you ask). 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7