× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Poor support for rax200

Veb
Tutor
Tutor

Poor support for rax200

I have experienced very poor service/response from our support team referencing case# 42079882, the support team keeps trying to close the case,even though I have a verified problem. There needs to be a firmware update to correct the issue with the INABILITY to edit the device type, the Wui stars that you CAN change the device type if qos is off, but you can't. You can only edit thrue the app, the rep Zoe argued with me , so I asked her to read the wui help center under attached devices and read it back to me, she refused and said their 2 stated no problems with this router and no firmware needs to be created, I said no, either give me a drop down list to choose from when I edit device or delete the line in the help center that states that I Can.
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 5
schumaku
Guru

Well this issue exists in various extents on all Nighthawk routers, this is not limited to the RAX200 only. This Nighthawk AX and Nighthawk community forum is full with similar complaints. It appears that L1 and L2 support has no access to these devices, they assist based on scripts and user manuals.

I had put up a list of similar issues on the R9000 qualified with all details avalilable or required. Everything unanswered and ignored. 

Message 2 of 5
digitsnbits
Apprentice

These issues have been going on for months on end with no resolution in sight.

Level 2 tech support is completely useless and have no idea what's going on.

Heck even the mods standard answer is update to the latest trash firmware and open a case that no one ever resolved or fixes. They won't even acknowledge there are severe issues with every model of AX router they make.

Myself I've got a useless RAX80 sitting in a closet and using a different AX router that works as advertised with no major issues. I can guarantee that I'll never purchase anything Netgear ever again and will continue to trash this abhorrent excuse of a company till my last breath.

Message 3 of 5
Othgood
Tutor

RAX 120 getting boxed

I've done factory resets, firmware updates, channel changes and more reboots than I would have dreamed with a new router. I have closely followed all the tips in the forum and this thing is simply unusable. So I will shelve it tomorrow and go out and buy a new router. I can't keep apologizing for devices dropping and slow speeds and every other issue we have been reporting for months. I feel cheated by the whole experience 

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 4 of 5
NowWatt
Initiate

Re: RAX 120 getting boxed

Thanks for sharing your experiences with Netgear products.

I too have had many issues with their products over the last decade.  I decided to give them a listen with the RAX200 until I saw the WPA3 gap and comments read in the community.

I have a pre-1 gig router going cheap if anyone wants to buy a doorstop.  The hype over WIFI 6 is just beginning, who knows when the marketing will equate with substantive products.  SMH

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 12 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7