× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Port Forwarding after Dumb Switch Bypass Completed

Port Forwarding after Dumb Switch Bypass Completed

I have an RAX48 router and ATT 1Gbps service. I’ve completed the Dumb Switch bypass and it works great. I still have one problem though. I can’t seem to get the RAX48 to successfully setup port forwarding. If I use the ATT BGW210-700 to setup port forwarding, the ports remain open when I connect the RAX48. If I try to setup port forwarding with the RAX48 (after dumb switch bypass completed), the ports remain closed. Any ideas how to correct this? I’d like to setup VPN access on my RAX48.
Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions

Re: Port Forwarding after Dumb Switch Bypass Completed

Update: I reset the router and it works now. I had performed multiple resets in the past without success but for some reason it fixed my problem this time. Who knows, just glad it works now!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello stevengates45,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 3

Update: I reset the router and it works now. I had performed multiple resets in the past without success but for some reason it fixed my problem this time. Who knows, just glad it works now!
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7