× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Ports 1 & 2 data flow is extremely throttled back

Axsom
Follower

Ports 1 & 2 data flow is extremely throttled back

I have a Nighthawk AX120.

Events leading up to this - will try to keep it as short as possible

Everything was working perfectly, then I went out of town and came home to my apartment destroyed by water damage. Fortunately my electronics were not anywhere near, ground zero if you will, the source. But I did have to find a new living space. The insurance company sent in a vendor to sort damaged from non-damaged, then stored & delivered the non-damaged, when I got a new living space. I can't see this causing the following issue but it is the only thing that has happened to my equipment since my initial setup...

I am now setting my network back up:
Modem CM1200 (no port aggregation setup)

Router AX120 (no port aggregation setup)

Issue: Ports 1 & 2 in the router seem to be limited to 10/10, only when a single port is used. If I connect two separate devices, one into each port they work fine. But if only one port is used it is limited to 10/10.

In BASIC->INTERNET->IPv4->WAN Preference is set to Internet Port (1 Gbps), and I have checked everywhere I can thing of, but I see nothing that would cause these ports to be limited like this.

Any Ideas will be highly apricated.

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: Ports 1 & 2 data flow is extremely throttled back

It could be moisture got in in/on the board and is shorting something out. 

Did you try a factory reset? 

Did you try replacing the cables? 

Try reinstalling the firmware in case something was corrupted? 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7