× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Pro Gaming Router with WiFi6

SGTROSIE
Follower

Pro Gaming Router with WiFi6

Hello,
Last year I purchased the XR500 Pro Gaming router for around $400. I'm very happy with it and DumaOS. But just yesterday I discovered wifi6 and the X8 router. I love upgrading and usually try to get the very best high end gadgets. I play competence video game and also live stream. Right now my modem is a netgear CM1200, ISP is Spectrum gigabyte service. Speed tests I usually only get 600 to 800 hardwired. My xr500 is located in our finished basement next to my gaming center. Then we have a lan cable connected to a ubuquti unifi AC Lite AP on the first floor. Speed tests only show about 200 mb/sec. My question is will I see a big improvement if I upgrade to the x8 over the xr500??? Is wifi6 speed something I'll see immediately or is this just future proofing? Does my cm1200 have pass through to accept the wifi6? Lastly, does netgear have any plans on releasing pro gaming routers with wifi6 or should i just wait for that or jump on the nighthawk x8 right now??? Thanks!!!
Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router, XR500|Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Pro Gaming Router with WiFi6

Hello SGTROSIE, 

I can say that a Nighthawk Pro Gaming router with WiFi 6 capabilities is on our road map. Please stay tuned for further details!

Best,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Pro Gaming Router with WiFi6

Hello SGTROSIE, 

I can say that a Nighthawk Pro Gaming router with WiFi 6 capabilities is on our road map. Please stay tuned for further details!

Best,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7