× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

QoS bandwidth limiter not working on Netgear RAX80

blackcoyote13
Follower

QoS bandwidth limiter not working on Netgear RAX80

I just got my new RAX80 installed and setup and all is working well so far. However, even when I enable Dynamic QoS and enter manual bandwidth (vs speed testing), the bandwidth is not limited to whatever I enter manually even after applying it. Is anyone else having this issue?  I am trying to get rid of most of the BufferBloat by limiting bandwidth 3-5% is all. Thanks for your help!

In the screenshot below, I tried to limit to 150mbs download but still getting the full 180 my connection does unrestricted. Firmware is the most current available.

Message 1 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: QoS bandwidth limiter not working on Netgear RAX80

Hello blackcoyote13

I will send this issue to the engineers.

Thanks

DarrenM

Message 2 of 6
myersw
Master

Gosh what a surprise. QoS not working. 

Doesn't work on current been out router either.  

@DarrenM is Netgear ever going to be able to supply firmware where the basics work? 

Message 3 of 6
myersw
Master

@blackcoyote13

What is your Internet speed? Maybe you do not need QoS. 

Message 4 of 6
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to disable the QOS renable and then enter the value again?

DarrenM

Message 5 of 6
schumaku
Guru

Not convinced the bandwidth you configure in the QoS settings - which is mainly used as a base for the QoS service allocations (some black magic) - is also supposed to act as a hard bandwidth limitation. Where have you read this is intended to work as a global bandwidth limitation?

We've seen a few users in the past who have tried to install multiple routers on the same Internet connection, and use this setting to adjust the available bandwidth - which came to the same conclusion.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7