× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Quad-band Router

Routinn
Initiate

Quad-band Router

Netgear should make a quadband router. That has 1 2.4ghz, 2 5ghz, and 1 60ghz bands. The router has 8x8 mu-mimo upload and download. It uses wireless ad/ax and other previous wireless standards. Wired specs are one ethernet port has a 10-gigabit connection with 2 ethernet ports that have a 5-gigabit connection and also with three other ethernet ports with a 1-gigabit connection. Securing it with wpa3 is the best bet when selling a router. The router will have a 16 stream equipment to transceiver high range and to make it hard for congestion to appear. In order to deliver this strength, it uses 4gbs of ram, and a 4 GHz processor. This also can enable Netgear mesh equipment to deliver 1-gigabit speeds over ethernet by being nearby, the results may vary. When this is possible it gets really hot so Netgear includes a smart fanning system. Bandwidth control is optimized for the 60 GHz band and without sacrificing wifi channel control. If you want this to happen comment, #go quad. This would be a big event if this happens because of the community Netgear makes this router. If you Netgear is successful with this router, please contact me and give me one. I call it Netgear quadband router.

Message 1 of 4

Re: Quad-band Router

You might do better to ask for this in Idea Exchange For Home.

Message 2 of 4
schumaku
Guru

Netgear is a little bit burned by the early availability of the 60 GHz 802.11ad in the R9000 (and the XR700) - a standard ratified but never really used for real-world WiFi networking usage beyond of about two interface types, available in selected high end notebooks back then - for some months.

When I read the odd information ref 802.11ay on "extended transmission distance of 300–500 meters" - yeah, with the right antenna system, in free air. 

Based on the IEEE work group participation, I fear this will go towards functionality like "wireless" HDMI, VR displays, ... the same dead end 802.11ad went.

Last, you don't want to have a 4 GHz system up 24*7 ... even today's embedded systems in the operate multiple dual-core ARM system clocked around 2 GHz each core.

Message 3 of 4
Routinn
Initiate

Thanks so much for your option

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements