× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R6700AX Router Won't Connect To Modem

snailgutz
Follower

R6700AX Router Won't Connect To Modem

Today I got a new desk and moved my router and modem across the room for better wire management, and while my modem works fine, my router is not fairing as well. I've tried resetting it via the reset button, power cycling it, power cycling it AND my modem, two different ethernet cables and all of the ports. Not a difference.

On startup, the power LED flashes red then goes to a solid orange. Occaisionally, on and off, the ethernet LED, the power LED, and the Wi-Fi LED will briefly flash green, before the power button is the only thing on again, a solid unblinking orange. I read this may be an issue with the firmware, but I couldn't find out how to connect to the router to fix it. Or if that was definitely what the issue is. Any and all help is greatly appreciated, I feel like my brain is leaking out of my ear.

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R6700AX Router Won't Connect To Modem

Hello snailgutz,

If you recently purchased the device I would recommend contacting our support team as newly purchased devices are provided with 90 days of complimentary support. You may open a ticket by registering your device using the link below. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/contact.aspx

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7