× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R7000 to RAX40

PeterMolina
Follower

R7000 to RAX40

Hello so I work for a networking company and we currently have a few thousand R7000's in the field in large houses as main routers and access points. We are potential looking to move forward with the RAX series but is there any downside to switching to them seeing as the R7000 is coming close to its EoL. 

Will the RAX and R series work smoothly together if one R7000 dies weather it be a AP or Main Router?

What would be the benefits to switching all the routers over to the RAX? 

Any major problems with firmware with them yet?

Message 1 of 2
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: R7000 to RAX40

Hello PeterMolina, 

Great question! We will continue to support the R7000 and currently do not have plans to EoL the product model. Having an R7000 run as an AP or main host should pair well with the RAX series as our RAX routers are backwards compatible. Personally, I have not tried the two routers together but I will be sure to try the combination out! 

I would also recommend checking out the post below as it provides valuable information on WiFi 6 and how it compares to WiFi 5.

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/What-is-Wi-Fi-6-and-How-is-it-Diff...

Best regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7