× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R7800 Nighthawk X4S need to remove old Parental controls without using an app

KAvelynE
Follower

R7800 Nighthawk X4S need to remove old Parental controls without using an app

I have tried to go into the router and turn off certain restrictions I placed on there for my kids a few years back. The routerlogin.net website keeps sending me to a download page for the nighthawk/circle app. I don't want an app to control my router. I just want to change parameters on the router that I set from my laptop.
Message 1 of 3
Tofu-Golem
Apprentice

Re: R7800 Nighthawk X4S need to remove old Parental controls without using an app

Is your router in AP mode or Router mode?

If the latter, then go to any Windows computer on your network, click on the Start menu, type "cmd" and press <Enter>.

In the console that pops up, type in IPCONFIG and press <Enter>.

Look for the "gateway" address. This should be the IP address of your router. Fire up a web browser, and type that IP address into the address bar on your web browser.

If your router is in AP mode, then you're going to have to find out its IP address by other means. If you have another Netgear router as your "main" router, then fire up the app and go to "Attached Devices" to find the IP address of the router you have set to AP mode. Then use that IP address in a web browser.

Message 2 of 3

@KAvelynE wrote:
I have tried to go into the router and turn off certain restrictions I placed on there for my kids a few years back. The routerlogin.net website keeps sending me to a download page for the nighthawk/circle app. I don't want an app to control my router. I just want to change parameters on the router that I set from my laptop.

Not sure that I follow what you are trying to do, but going by the subject, try this:

https://netgear.opendns.com/sign_in.php

It takes you to the browser page where you can control parental controls.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7