× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

R8000P vs RAX120

JJI1
Tutor

R8000P vs RAX120

I am thinking of going with the rax120 is this better then my current R8000p. The rax is only dual band where the 8000p is tri band. I really don't need wifi 6 no devices as of yet. Would this still be an upgrade over what I have. I really have no issues with current setup just looking to upgrade if it makes sense

Thank You

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: R8000P vs RAX120

would it make a difference...Maybe? 

AX devices are better at concurrent usage. meaning more than 1 device can broadcast at a time. But the R8000P is triband so you can have them seperated out between all 3 bands anyway. 

and as you said, you don't have any ax devices so you wont see a benefit there. 

If it was me? I'd hold off until you need an AX router. the R8000P is quite capable and if its doing everything you need, I would just wait on the AX firmware to stabalize and for features to improve.

Plus wifi 6E is going to be coming out at some point 🙂 

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 4

All Replies
JJI1
Tutor

@JJI1 wrote:

I am thinking of going with the rax120 is this better then my current R8000p. The rax is only dual band where the 8000p is tri band. I really don't need wifi 6 no devices as of yet. Would this still be an upgrade over what I have. I really have no issues with current setup just looking to upgrade if it makes sense

Thank You

I cant see how to edit a post so I will add it here. I have about 25 devices. between tv,ipads,iphones and 2 xboxs

Message 2 of 4
plemans
Guru

would it make a difference...Maybe? 

AX devices are better at concurrent usage. meaning more than 1 device can broadcast at a time. But the R8000P is triband so you can have them seperated out between all 3 bands anyway. 

and as you said, you don't have any ax devices so you wont see a benefit there. 

If it was me? I'd hold off until you need an AX router. the R8000P is quite capable and if its doing everything you need, I would just wait on the AX firmware to stabalize and for features to improve.

Plus wifi 6E is going to be coming out at some point 🙂 

Message 3 of 4
JJI1
Tutor

Thanks appreciate it. I always seem to be looking at the next best thing. Since ive had current one for awhile.

Ill wait for now

Thanks again for the help
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7