× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: R8000p in a mesh setup

Mosfett
Follower

R8000p in a mesh setup

I have recently purchased two Nighthawk mesh wifi 6 devices (MS60) to try to extend internet to my summer house. Are the MS60s compatible with the r8000p nighthawk router? If so how do you set them up? Any help is greatly appreciated, many thanks M
Model: R8000P|Nighthawk X6S AC4000 Tri Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

Will it integrate as part of the mesh? no. 

Can you set it up with the MS60 setup? yes. 

Setup the R8000P as router and the MS60 in access point mode. Make sure their on different wifi channels so they don't interfere with each other. 

You can even set them with the same ssid but that could create issues as devices connected to the r8000P will tend to be 'sticky" and stay connected to it until the signal drops. Which is why I usually recommend using a different ssid from the MS60. 

you can also do it vice versa. Meaning setup the MS60 setup as the router and the R8000P as access point. 

Message 2 of 4
TheodlR
Star

I have a R8000P too and have real issues with my WiFi (see the topic I've started yesterday). So I'm looking for a possibility to create a mesh network with the R8000P as a router. I don't 

want to switch between networks, so everywhere in my house I want to use the same network, so that all connected devices (iPhones, iPads, TV, iMacs and other stuff as lamps) can communicate with each other.

Is it possible to create a mesh network with a R8000P and which device should I buy to realize this?

Thanks for your help.

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

@TheodlR You can add mesh extenders but I don't recommend using more than 1 extender. After that I'd recommend moving to a full mesh system. If you need more assistance, I'd recommend starting your own thread. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7