× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 120 Router Firmware Version V1.0.2.136 Connectivity

tadswana
Guide

RAX 120 Router Firmware Version V1.0.2.136 Connectivity

Hi all,

Been searching through this forum and been onto tech support, it looks like a common issue. My experience has been Wifi devices losing internet (but staying connected), however ethernet devices are fine. 26 devices attached (nothing crazy) with 100Mbps internet. 

It seems to start with IOS Wifi6 (Iphone 11) and then spreads to all devices, have tried multiple combinations of QOS/AX/smartconnect, 30/30/30 reset, etc. 

The only thing I haven't tried yet is a manual FW update to latest V1.0.2.136 again. Shouldn't be this hard...

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Thanks for the update, fingers crossed it's ok now.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 7

All Replies
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Try not to do 30.30.30, this is not needed with modern routers and could do more harm than good.

please try this, reset router so all settings are default, reinstall .136 over the top. Do not interrupt the install and do not use a saved config.

then perform another factory reset and then set the router up as new. 

do not use HT160 in the WiFi settings, if you are this can cause devices to drop.

Message 2 of 7
RAX120USER
Tutor

try 1.0.1.136, seems this 2nd latest version works ok. At least I can keep it running for 1 week and not get disconnect.
Message 3 of 7
tadswana
Guide

@Newfiedrool wrote:

Try not to do 30.30.30, this is not needed with modern routers and could do more harm than good.

please try this, reset router so all settings are default, reinstall .136 over the top. Do not interrupt the install and do not use a saved config.

then perform another factory reset and then set the router up as new. 

do not use HT160 in the WiFi settings, if you are this can cause devices to drop.

Thankyou for the response, the 30.30.30 was recommended by tech support, however I found it didn't do anything!

I reinstalled .136 over the top manually, and then did a factory reset and setup as new (with smart connect on) with combined 2.4/5Ghz networks, it seems stable however will monitor over the next 24h and report outcome. 

Thanks again. 

Message 4 of 7
Newfiedrool
Virtuoso

Thanks for the update, fingers crossed it's ok now.

Message 5 of 7
alehernandezr
Aspirant

Hi, I think the issue is maybe related with the DHCP Server. I am having the some disconnection issues (Wireless and Wired). To make it work I need to turn it off/disconnect the power for 30 seconds and then restart.

I have 69 devices connected, including an Extender EAX80 and 3 netgear switchs

Regards

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 6 of 7
tadswana
Guide

Yep, 24h in and fully stable - there must be an issue with the web update I think, I will make sure the auto update is off.

That was my last attempt, had already prepared the return slip with Amazon, so just in time! Other than that issue, the RAX120 is amazing and exceeds all my needs to fully cover my home and garden plus 30 devices. Let's hope Netgear work on this issue, as lots of people are experiencing it. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7