× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX-120: android devices fail to obtain IP address

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RAX-120: android devices fail to obtain IP address

Hello,

I Just purchased the RAX-120, set it up, all my home devices connected just fine. I went to device manager, renamed a few (including the device which now fails to connect ), a hour later the nighthawk app said there was a firmware update, I performed the update, and ever since my Lenovo Tab Plus with Android 11 fails to obtain an IP address.

Anyone have this issue? Or have non obvious pointers ? No, the device is not being blocked deliberately. I have the device access feature disabled.

Thanks in advance

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RAX-120: android devices fail to obtain IP address

Some more information:

Router Firmware Version V1.2.3.28

The android device in question is using a randomized mac address by default. I've turned this off to use the actual device hardware mac address to rule this out as an issue.

All other devices, from iOS to macOS to nest thermostats to myq garage door openers work just fine with this router.

Also, if i plug in my Netgear R7400 then the android device is able to get to obtain an ip address just fine. 

I wonder if the issue is related to bug fix #2 on this firmware release:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/New-RAXE500-Firmware-Version-1-0-8...

Message 2 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a factory reset and setup from scratch been performed since last FW update?

Message 3 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Yes, since the last FW update a factory reset has been performed without any avail.
Message 4 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What happens if you revert back to a working FW Version? 

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

I guess not. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation