× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX-120: android devices fails to obtain IP address

Retired_Member
Not applicable

RAX-120: android devices fails to obtain IP address

Hello,

I Just purchased the RAX-120, set it up, all my home devices connected just fine. I went to device manager, renamed a few (including the device which now fails to connect ), a hour later the nighthawk app said there was a firmware update, I performed the update, and ever since my Lenovo Tab Plus with Android 11 fails to obtain an IP address.

Anyone have this issue? Or have non obvious pointers ? No, the device is not being blocked deliberately. I have the device access feature disabled.

Thanks in advance
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX-120: android devices fails to obtain IP address

Anytime there's an issue after a firmware update, usually the first thing I recommend is a factory reset. Sometimes old settings can cause issues or not update properly. Have you tried this? 

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the NightHawk RAX WiFi 6 Router products. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with NH router products and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this router forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Please use this link to the main forum product list to review and choose where to make your posts. 
https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Forum/ct-p/en-netgear

Thank you.

@Retired_Member wrote:
Hello,

I Just purchased the RAX-120, set it up, all my home devices connected just fine. I went to device manager, renamed a few (including the device which now fails to connect ), a hour later the nighthawk app said there was a firmware update, I performed the update, and ever since my Lenovo Tab Plus with Android 11 fails to obtain an IP address.

Anyone have this issue? Or have non obvious pointers ? No, the device is not being blocked deliberately. I have the device access feature disabled.

Thanks in advance

Message 3 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@plemans Yes, i've tried the factory reset, both through the Nighthawk app and through the reset button on the back of the hardware, with no success. Also, i've noticed that the factory reset procedure keeps the same (latest) firmware version (and of course it resets all other device configs).

Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 Thanks for ponting me in the right direction!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7