× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 120 authentication issues

TerryPh
Virtuoso

I  am not sure neither whether using WPA3 alone is more secure.  

Already WPA2/WPA3 mixed mode was hacked by dowgrading method. Hah, it is so soon...

Wonder for a safe security , we should disable  WPA3  mixed mode in the router? Something to think about.

Message 76 of 78
Tofu-Golem
Apprentice

@TerryPh wrote:

I  am not sure neither whether using WPA3 alone is more secure.  

Already WPA2/WPA3 mixed mode was hacked by dowgrading method. Hah, it is so soon...

Wonder for a safe security , we should disable  WPA3  mixed mode in the router? Something to think about.

But if I disable mixed mode, my older devices won't be able to connect. Sigh.

Message 77 of 78
avtella
Prodigy

WPA3 alone is better would at least prevent a downgrade type attack, but yeah if you have older devices then that's a show stopper. I'd just use WPA2 and not worry about it.

The following support WPA3: AppleTV, iPhone 6 and newer and most Windows laptops with Intel cards I think 7265 (tested 8265 and newer)  and most of the recent Android phones will work fine with WPA3 only mode. Macbooks (Tested 16") also work fine, at least the ones using the BCM436X Broadcom WiFi chipsets seen in the models from the past 5 years or so.

But yeah TVs, some smart home devices and other media gear may have issues, as they are usually not always up to spec.

Message 78 of 78
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7