× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 120 not registering to ReadyCloud

Dstrouse
Tutor

RAX 120 not registering to ReadyCloud

I am trying to get my RAX 120 Nighthawk router to register to ReadyCloud. I type in the usename and password that I use on http://readycloud.netgear.com/ and I get "Registration failed. Please check your user name and password and try again."

I have reset my password several times and still get this error message. My password only contains letters and numbers, no special characters. I am not willing to factory reset the rouiter because I have a complicated setup with port forwarding.

Please help!

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hell Dstrouse, 

Welcome to the community! May you try logging in using the ReadyCloud app or a different web browser/device. 

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
Dstrouse
Tutor

I can log in to the readycloud app, but of course it says I have no readycloud device registeered since I cannot complete the register device on the router.
Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Dstrouse, 

Thanks for confirming. I have sent you a message. Please respond at your earliest convenience. 

Christian 

Message 4 of 6
termit
Aspirant

Hi, I have the same problem.

Message 5 of 6
Dstrouse
Tutor

I was contacted by support and we found there must be a bug in version .114 of the firmware. The temporary fix is to revert to .108 until there is a newer version. Suggest you decline auto updates until there is a permanent fix
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7