× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 120 wireless SSID not shown

Mephistopheles8
Initiate

RAX 120 wireless SSID not shown

I Just set up this loveky router, i can see the SSID on all devices except one laptop. This Asus laptop doest see the 2.4G or the 5G wirless networks even though it was working fine with the previous router. The channel is set to auto in the router settings. Any Ideas?
Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

What wireless card is in this laptop? intel cards had issues when the AX standard first came out. If its an intel card, go to the intel website and download an updated driver for it. Don't rely on the asus website to have the most current driver. They rarely do. 

another option you can try is to disable wireless AX. Some older cards have issues with AX. 

I'd start with checking your driver first though. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
plemans
Guru

What wireless card is in this laptop? intel cards had issues when the AX standard first came out. If its an intel card, go to the intel website and download an updated driver for it. Don't rely on the asus website to have the most current driver. They rarely do. 

another option you can try is to disable wireless AX. Some older cards have issues with AX. 

I'd start with checking your driver first though. 

Message 2 of 4
Mephistopheles8
Initiate

Yes that worked like a charm. I updated the wifi driver directly from Intel and all of the router wireless SSIDs appeared.

Thank you

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it fixed the problem!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo