× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 35 Locks up (all lightS solid green)

dizoyle
Aspirant

RAX 35 Locks up (all lightS solid green)

RAX 35 Locks up (all lights solid green) drops internet connection and forced to reboot router

i updated firware and noticed issue so i downgraded from last firmware and now issue is back again

RAX35 

Current > firmware Version V1.0.3.62_1.0.1

please let me know if anyone has fixed this or has any updates

Message 1 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi dizoyle, 

I'd like for our support team to reach out to you for further assistance. If you wish to be contacted, please send me a private message with your email, phone, and serial number. 

Thanks,

Christian 

Message 2 of 6
RPJames
Initiate

Same issue with RAX35. Prior to v1.0.3.80_1.0.1. Lock-ups occurred about once a week. It had an issue remembering the 2.4GHz password after a reboot. Now with the version just mentioned, it locks up once or twice a day. Power cycle is required to get the router working again. Tried a factory reset and setup, same issue persists. Just tried turning off the traffic meter to see if that helps. I’ll post if it does. Will know I another day or two. Cannot trust this router.
Message 3 of 6
geniuskamo
Aspirant

I have the same router and netgears support team wanted to charge me $300 to troubleshoot it even thought the device is under warranty . i was told my wifi router was crowded and that was the reason. I have lived in the same place for 3years. I went in and changed the channels to ones that were available and the result was no better. It obviously not a good product and Netgear is unwilling to stand behind it. 

Message 4 of 6
er65nsunny
Guide

I was having the same problem.  Could not figure it out.  Then I noticed my phone was only showing NETGEAR24-5G for the wifi channel no NETGEAR24.  I logged into the router aqnd checked the wireless names and both the 2.4G and 5G were both labeled as NETGEAR24.   I managed to get the 5G to change to NETGEAR24-5G and it seems to work now. Hope it stays this way.

Message 5 of 6
geniuskamo
Aspirant

Net gear knows that this is a problem and they have to fix it . This isn’t a cheap router and they not acknowledging this issue is unethical
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7