× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 35 keeps disconnecting

juann24
Follower

RAX 35 keeps disconnecting

I recently statred having issues with the router randomly disconnecting all my devices then a few seconds later it reconnects.  There is no pattern happens at all times fo the day and neve rhad issues until the past 2 weeks.  I checked the the firmwire (1.0.3.62_1.0.1) and i belive its the most recent.  I have done a  factory reset twice and it is ok for a day or two then the issues start again.  ANy recommendations?  

Message 1 of 16
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello juann24 - I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox. 

Christian 

Message 2 of 16
Baucom25
Initiate

I'm having the same issue where it'll randomly disconnect and I'll have to unplug and reboot about 4-5 times a day, extremely inconvenient and to be honest not what I expected when purchasing a $100 router. Can you help me out?

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 16
mavledger
Guide

Same thing is happening here with this model.  Constant disconnects where the wireless disappears and a reboot of the router is required for the wireless to show back up.

This has the newest firmware as well.

Message 4 of 16
zasinzebra
Initiate

I also have the AX4-RAX35 and the wifi stops broadcasting every few hours (this has been happening for the past month, maybe after the latest firmware update). The lights on the router seem to not change or indicate any problem. The connection seems relatively stable (based on my camera continuing to work) when I am away from the house, but the broadcasting stops when I try to actively use the interent on my phone or other device.

Model: RAX40|Nighthawk AX4 4-Stream WiFi Router
Message 5 of 16
Mjnight
Aspirant

Same issue started happening to me this month onwards. Very frustrating.
I have at&t modem 300 mbps plan.
Netgear asking $99 for diagnosis when my hardware warranty is still there!
Can any suggest any settings?
Message 6 of 16
mavledger
Guide

No, they wouldn't help. I refused to pay for support for their level 1 guys to tell me that there is nothing they could do. Their warranty is horrible for backing up their product. I factory reset as well as applied an older version firmware. I ended up applying a Linux based firmware that I've been testing since they wouldn't back their product.
Message 7 of 16
Eagle-Two
Apprentice

The disconnect issue with the RAX35 / RAX40 router looks to be related to the 1.0.3.80 firmware. I haven't found a way to report a firmware bug to Netgear. Perhaps the issues posted in these Netgear community discussions are being written up as bugs for the QA team to review and developers to correct.

Message 8 of 16
Ecrtech856
Aspirant

Did anyone get a solution yet for random disconnects?
Message 9 of 16
mavledger
Guide

No and no response from Netgear on this either. Tech support offered no real solution either.
Message 10 of 16
Eagle-Two
Apprentice

I think the RAX35 and RAX40 routers may use the same firmware. I see in the "RAX40 Firmware 1.0.3.80 Crash/Bug Log" discussion they are testing a beta firmware for the RAX40.

I recently had all of my 5Ghz devices disconnect from the router and wouldn't reconnect until I rebooted the router. 2.4Ghz connections didn't have an issue.

Message 11 of 16
mavledger
Guide

Same here but all of my devices are on 5ghz. Hopefully they get new firmware out there quickly. You'd think this bug would have cropped up in testing. Quality control seems to have gone of vacation.
Message 12 of 16
mdwpilot
Aspirant

I've been running the new firmware over a month... no disconnects
Message 13 of 16
mdwpilot
Aspirant

Message 14 of 16
UY2020
Aspirant

I have the same disconnet problem since a few months ago. 

How should I download this to help? 

Message 15 of 16
UY2020
Aspirant

Hi, I noticed the link you post is for RAX75. Will that firmware work on RAX35? If yes, what is the instruction to update to my RAX35?

Thanks

@mdwpilot wrote:
https://www.netgear.com/support/product/rax75.aspx#download

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 15 kudos
  • 10 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7