× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX 45 + BITDEFENDER

BILL1836
Aspirant

RAX 45 + BITDEFENDER

I am going to install new router (RAX 45) on a fios system (replacing old fios router). Was told by verizon I just plug my cat 6 into new router. In your info on the router, it includes BITDEFENDER.. I am running nortons 360  on my computers. Is there a problem or how do I turn off Bitdefender. I do not think you can have two security packages on same net work. Just trying to figure out any problms before I install.

PS: I now enough to get my self into trouble but not to get out of trouble.

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
BILL1836
Aspirant

Re: RAX 45 + BITDEFENDER

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
rinthos
Luminary

@BILL1836 wrote:

I am going to install new router (RAX 45) on a fios system (replacing old fios router). Was told by verizon I just plug my cat 6 into new router. In your info on the router, it includes BITDEFENDER.. I am running nortons 360  on my computers. Is there a problem or how do I turn off Bitdefender. I do not think you can have two security packages on same net work. Just trying to figure out any problms before I install.

PS: I now enough to get my self into trouble but not to get out of trouble.

Bitdefender on the Router is called "Netgear Armor".  You can enable or disable Netgear Armor using the Nighthawk app on Android or iOS.

Connect your mobile device to your router via Wireless and you can use the app to turn off Armor.

All the directions are here:

https://kb.netgear.com/000060900/How-do-I-turn-NETGEAR-Armor-on-or-off-using-the-Nighthawk-or-Orbi-a...

Also, the Bitdefender piece on the Router is technically fine if you have Norton on your computers.  Think of it like a special Web Filter.  But in either case, if you use it you must subscribe (annual subscription).  So it costs extra $$.  So if you don't use it, nothing to worry about 🙂

Message 2 of 3
BILL1836
Aspirant

THANKS

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements