× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX 45 relocated, router indicator says internet : set-up says non internet

SaltyPablo
Follower

RAX 45 relocated, router indicator says internet : set-up says non internet

Relocated my router, plug it in and the LED indicators show internet but computers plugged into router cannot connect.  Unplug cat 5 and plug directly into a laptop.  Laptop connects to any website i choose thus cable is not damaged and connection can be made.

Factory reset performed on router.  Trying to set it up as if it were new.  Again, internet indicator show internet but the router says none.  Use the nighthawk app.  App detects router.  Cable plugged in.  Internet not connected.  Again, unplug internet source cable from RAX45, connect directly into a laptop, laptop connects to any website i type!!??? HELP!  whats wrong with router?

It asks me to connect to the network the router is supposed to set-up, is this right?

Message 1 of 2
plemans
Guru

Re: RAX 45 relocated, router indicator says internet : set-up says non internet

so the router works when plugged directly into the modem, but not when you move it to a new location? 

I'd be looking at that cable a lot closer. Some devices are more tolerant of sketchy cables, maybe the laptop is one. 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7