× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 80 not giving clean wifi when restarted using on/off button

sewsable
Star

RAX 80 not giving clean wifi when restarted using on/off button

Ok, we've had to start turning the router off at night in order to get eldest teen to go to bed and sleep and we've noticed that every few days when it gets turned back on (using the on/off switch) that the wi-fi is not running smoothly or quickly.  Websites take ages to load and You Tube gets stuck and has to be reloaded.  It happens to every device connected and usually a hard reboot with unplugging the power supply fixes it, however this shouldn't be happening.  It's still under warranty, but I want to check if there's a fix that doesn't involve having to set up a new router as that's a pain in the rear.

Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi sewsable, 

Does the issue occur only when the router is turned back and if so, for how long?

Christian 

Message 2 of 5
sewsable
Star

Hi Christian

It happens when the on/off button is used to switch it on in the mornings and will continue until I remove the power supply for 30 seconds and then put that back in.  I tried yesterday to see if it would recover if given time, but I was still having issues last night and this morning when we turned it back on those issues were still in play.  

Rachelle

Message 3 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi Rachelle, 

I would suggest performing a factory reset on the RAX80 and running through the setup assistant again. You may also try to contact our support team using the link below if your issue persists. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/default.aspx

Christian 

Message 4 of 5
sewsable
Star

I might have to, but really don't want to.  When I initially set it up the set-up assistant didn't help at all; had to do it manually and thank goodness I'd saved all the data from my previous one (different brand router).  It was a pain in the proverbial to do.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7