× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX 80 "Not Connected"

BBAZ
Guide

RAX 80 "Not Connected"

After the last firmware update, my RAX 80 always shows the red "not connected to internet" icon on the Basic Homepage of the interface.  Even though it says "not connected" I do have a internet connection.  If I try to run a speed test through the interface I get the "not connected" alert.  The Netgear Genie app also says I'm not connected when I am.  What is up with this?

Message 1 of 4
plemans
Guru

What modem are you connected to? (model)

Many times you'll get this notice if you're using a modem/router combo device which puts you in a double-nat 

Message 2 of 4
BBAZ
Guide

Hello,

I am connected to a Netgear CM1000 Modem.  I never had this issue prior to the firmware update.  I had a lot of other issues (like connections dropping and connected device edits not storing but not this one. 

Message 3 of 4
plemans
Guru

the RAX devices are fairly  new and getting significant firmware changes. I'd try starting with a factory reset and manual reinstall. 

Also check your modem connections page to see how your line looks. You can take a screen snip and post it here of your modem connections page. 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7