× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX

saprimous
Tutor

RAX

Nighthawk RAX 80 Not Connecting to the Internet
I just purchased the Nighthawk RAX 80 and went through the set up process, but my router is not connecting to the internet. I checked to see if there is any issue with internet because of my modem (Arris TM 822), but there is no issue when I connect the modem directly to my laptop, for I have internet connection. I am able to connect to the router on my computer and phone, but in both cases there is no internet connection. I spent time with technical support to troubleshoot my internet problem. We reset the router, checked the ethernet cord, checked the power source by switching to another plug,and unplugged the modem and router. We even checked to see if there was any light on any of the LAN ports on the router, and there was none. The technical support concluded that Internet and LAN ports were defective and therefore I should return the brand new router for a refund or another RAX 80 router. While I understand that products may be defective, I am not sure if there may be some other reason why I am unable to connect to the internet via my router, given that others seemed to have some similar problems. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Model: RAX80|Nighthawk AX8 8-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@saprimous - Send me a message with your case number and email address. I'll have your case escalated. 

~Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hi saprimous - Thanks for posting. Are you still experiencing this issue? Please send me a message with your case number and email address as I'd like for support to follow up on your case. 

~Christian 

Message 2 of 6
saprimous
Tutor

Still experiencing the same issue
Message 3 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@saprimous - Send me a message with your case number and email address. I'll have your case escalated. 

~Christian 

Message 4 of 6
saprimous
Tutor

Thanks for your help

Message 5 of 6
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello saprimous - Thanks for providing the information. I have forwarded it to support and edited your response to have your email from being displayed publicly. 

~Christian 

Message 6 of 6
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7