× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX10 AX1800 WI-FI 6 Router: "router password reset" warning when browsing websites

regdab
Aspirant

RAX10 AX1800 WI-FI 6 Router: "router password reset" warning when browsing websites

I keep getting this message when I try to browse various websites:

"Router Password Reset. Access to this resource is denied, your client has not supplied the correct authentication.
We can help you reset your router's admin password. You need your router's serial number, which can be found on the router label. Enter your router's serial number in the field and click the Continue button.  Enter the router's Serial Number: (You can find it on the router product label.)"

What can I do to stop this please?

It pops up randomly and is a real nuisance.

Message 1 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX10 AX1800 WI-FI 6 Router: "router password reset" warning when browsing websites

Hello regdab,

May you provide us with a screenshot for us to look into this further.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 4
regdab
Aspirant

Re: RAX10 AX1800 WI-FI 6 Router: "router password reset" warning when browsing websites

Thanks very much.  Here's a screenshot of the message I get when i try to switch from our old Wifi to the new netgear one.  

Message 3 of 4
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello regdab,

Thanks for the screenshot. May you factory reset your router by holding down on the reset button for 15+ seconds using a pin/needle. You will need to run through the setup assistant again and you may do so using the Nighthawk app. Please let me know if your issue persists.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7