× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120-100NAS Slow speeds

Issombeituni
Follower

RAX120-100NAS Slow speeds

Guys,

I just replaced My Asus AX11000 with a RAX120-100NAS.  So far so good.. But honestly disapointed in the wifi speeds.  Coverage is great.  

I am using a Samsung S21 Ultra.

MY isp is in bridge mode like i had it set up with the Asus.  I rebooted and set up with RAX120-100NAS .  Right next to the router I am pulling speeds the same as hardwire.

1gig down and 25up.. 30ft back its drops to 200mbps down and 10up.  I go downstairs and its even worse.  I rebooted my phone and router and same difference.  So i set up the Asus and tested again and at all locations there is a dramatic difference in speeds.  Like 200 to 300mbps difference.  

Routers in same location.. Hard wire is fine.

I tried sepereating the bands no differences, turned QOS off and put it on the 160hz...

am i missing anything?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2
Chichizola
Star

Re: RAX120-100NAS Slow speeds

You are not. Sorry to say,that is what you get when you buy NetGear. I have bought over the years three of them. This last I had replaced after great pain with support, and it the same. For me it is, three times, you are up. Never again.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7