× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RAX120/AX12 - Can't edit Devices

migsta
Apprentice

RAX120/AX12 - Can't edit Devices

I started off editing my devices with no issues.  Finished off maybe 15 of them and now whenever selecting the device you want to edit, the screen refreshes oddly in that you can't scroll up all the way to select the EDIT button for the device you just selected.  This happens 99% of the time now with the odd 1% where I'm able to edit the device as per normal.  I tried different browsers but all the same.  This using Windows browser GUI so not Nighthawk app.

Message 1 of 4
additude
Virtuoso

Re: RAX120/AX12 - Can't edit Devices

Have you rebooted everything and tried again?

What have you tried that doesn't work?

Have you cleared browser cache?

Different browsers? what?

Message 2 of 4
migsta
Apprentice

I've rebooted, reset router to factory defaults.  I've tried IE, Edge and Chrome and Safari and they all do the same.  What I noticed though is that it seems to be when tryign to edit the 20th Device and any Device thereafter.  I can do up to 19 no problem and then trying the 20th and on, a soon as I place the checkmark to select the device, the display scrunches up and you can no longer access the top (where the Edit button is) or the bottom (where the Apply button is).  Sometimes, as soon as I select the device, I don't see any devices between the black bars as well...but again the 20th Device forward?

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 4
additude
Virtuoso

That seems like something is corrupt in that box.

Try using a direct cable to the LAN port and not using the WiFi to do your editing.

I have had device update and entry problems with Netgear equipment for a log time across 5 different routers.....

Sometimes using my cell phone gets the job done, sometimes using Chrome gets it done....

I would reset the box and there are some previous versions of Firmware so you might want to try the .64

After updating firmware, try doing your updates/edits again via cable and as early in the configuration process as you can.

You can try saving a current configuration, but no telling if the saved configuration file would be corrupt as well...

Message 4 of 4
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7