× Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7 technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.
Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RAX120 - Attached Devices page is empty and Nighthawk app classifying all devices as "Netwo

kc6108
Luminary

RAX120 - Attached Devices page is empty and Nighthawk app classifying all devices as "Network"

Every time I connect my MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010, running 10.13.6) to my network the "Attached Devices" page won't populate any longer. If I shut the lid on my MacBook Pro (disconnecting it from my wireless network) the "Attached Devices" page will begin populating again.

Directly related to this issue, when my MacBook Pro is connected to my network, the Nighthawk app will list all the devices on my network, but they will all be classified as type "Network". When I disconnect my MacBook Pro from my network, the Nighthawk app will correctly classify all the devices on my network (i.e. IoT, Thermostat, Camera, Doorbell, etc).

I updated my MacBook Pro to 10.13.6 (17G14019) Security Update 2020-004 hoping the latest security update would somehow correct the issue, but it did not.

@DarrenM Would you please relay this information to Engineering (or the correct department)? I can reproduce this issue all day long. This issue didn't occur prior to firmware V1.0.122. I average 50 devices connected to my network at any one time. Only my MacBook Pro causes this issue to show it's ugly head. I could troubleshoot further if needed.

Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX120 - Attached Devices page is empty and Nighthawk app classifying all devices as "Network"

Hi kc6108,

I can have this information forwarded to the necessary teams. I'll be sure to reach out if additional info is needed.

Regards,

Christian 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: RAX120 - Attached Devices page is empty and Nighthawk app classifying all devices as "Network"

Hi kc6108,

I can have this information forwarded to the necessary teams. I'll be sure to reach out if additional info is needed.

Regards,

Christian 

Message 2 of 3
kc6108
Luminary

Re: RAX120 - Attached Devices page is empty and Nighthawk app classifying all devices as "Netwo

Firmware V1.0.1.128 has corrected these issues.

No factory reset was required.

That said, a factory reset will allow the router to re-identify all the devices on your network which will populate all the latest information with them (i.e. model names, model numbers, icons, etc).
Model: RAX120|Nighthawk AX12 12-Stream WiFi Router
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7